Ease those stresses away as we enter the season of Spring and reflect on our long and cold winter. Time to put some pep in our step and what better way, but to take a break with the creamy coffee fluff that is called Dalgona Coffee. It’s originally made with instant coffee, but we were determined to find a recipe that worked for Barnie’s brewed coffee, and is it even possible? We’re here to tell you IT IS!
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 1 serving
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- 4 tbsp of brewed Barnie’s Cool Café Blues flavored coffee
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 oz Barnie’s Cool Cafe Blues brewed coffee (cold), optional
- 4 oz milk
- Brew a cup of Banrie’s Cool Café Blues flavored coffee. Measure out 4 tbsp in a mixing bowl and set aside the leftover. Add 4 tbsp of sugar to your bowl.
- Use a hand mixer/stand mixer to mix brewed coffee and sugar on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until your meringue forms. ** If your meringue does not form, see the note at the end of this post.
- Fill a glass with ice and add the cold milk. For additional coffee flavor, add the 2 oz of cold coffee.
- Top with whipped coffee and serve with a spoon for mixing. Enjoy!
** If your meringue does NOT form and all you see is bubbles...that’s okay.
- We tried something else that totally worked! We took the leftover brewed coffee and placed it into a pot to boil instead to make it extra hot and to get the consistency we truly needed in order to make the meringue form. Don’t worry this is totally worth it!
- Now, since we are boiling the water it’s a way the water will dissolve and it will form a sludge-like syrup for the whipped flavor. First boil, then simmer, and reduce on medium high heat. This lasts for 10 minutes until ready to whip. Be patient it’s all worth it in the end!
- Once it starts to bubble to the top and the syrup is formed, then take off the heat and put into a bowl off to the side.
- Add a little more sugar and get ready to whip. This is a lot if you just whisk it by hand if you want us to be honest. So, I tried both ways because we are not giving up!! The electric mixer made it into the meringue we needed.