Strawberry Supreme Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is your strawberry lovers dream come true! This cake is made with fresh strawberries in the mix and super smooth creamy frosting to top it off. Sweet and creamy and delicious and easy to make icing. You can't get any more strawberry flavor in a made from scratch cake either!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 canola oil
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- strawberries (cut into small pieces, we added them after mixing everything else)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
Instructions for Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease pan (we used one big enough for a sheet cake to take over to neighbors slice by slice)
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour sugar baking powder and salt.
3. Add the oil, vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4. Next, add the eggs, and stir until smooth with a mixer on medium. Drop chopped fresh strawberries right into your mix while your kids smoothly let them evenly disperse. (tell them they will be on youtube and they will be very happy to help)
5. Divide the batter evenly across your sheet pan or 2 cake pans. Your choice.
6. Bake from 25-35 minutes, or until your toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow cooling for 30 minutes before adding any icing. The cake or cakes need to be completely cooled before adding frosting.
Instructions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. Add 8 oz of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup of softened butter to the mixer.
2. Then add 2-3 teaspoons of vanilla. I start with 2 teaspoons now and then add more at the end if I think I need it.
3. Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla just until it is fully incorporated.
4. You can sift the powdered sugar if it is lumpy. We mixed the powdered sugar on low for 30 seconds with the mixer to break up any large lumps.