Warm and tangy stewed tomatoes, topped with two savory farm eggs, finished with fresh feta cheese. This dish bears a rich Israeli heritage. This Shakshuka is a staple food on breakfast tables in Israel - and will become a regular on your breakfast table!
Yield: 4 servings
- - 8 eggs (for poaching when assembling dish)
- - 8 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced, juice reserved
- - One 28oz can organic tomatoes (whole), crushed by hand
- - 2 jalapenos, diced
- - 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- - 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- - 5 sprigs thyme
- - Salt and pepper
- 1. Place all contents in a large pot. Cover and simmer on low for 20-30 min.
- 2. Partially blend contents with an immersion blender or stick blender.
- 3. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve on bowls with two poached eggs on top and garnish with fresh thyme.