A combination of spring favorites, fresh asparagus, mushrooms and hand-crafted potato gnocchi tossed in a rich parmigiano reggiano cream. The taste sensation brings to mind all the freshness that spring has to offer!
- - 1 pound russet potatoes
- - ¾ pound all-purpose flour
- - 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- - 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- - 2 cups half & half
- - 1 oz. Parmigiano Reggiano
- - 6oz asparagus, blanched and cut 1 inch long strips
- - 1 tablespoon shallots, minced
- - 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- - 2 cups cremini mushrooms, quartered
- - 2 cups Parmigiano cream
- - 1oz butter
- - 1oz olive oil
- 1. Boil the potatoes skin-on until fork tender. While hot, carefully peel the skin with a paring knife.
- 2. Pass potatoes through a food mill or ricer onto a clean flat surface.
- 3. Evenly sprinkle flour and salt over the potatoes.
- 4. Add egg yolks, begin to combine the mixture with a dough cutter or bench scraper making cutting motions until dough is completely mixed. (This will prevent tough gnocchi).
- 5. Take small pieces from dough and roll “snake like” long strips, then use your dough cutter to cut ½ inch gnocchi.
- 6. After all gnocchi is finished, drop gnocchi in a large pot of boiling water and cook until gnocchi begin to float to the surface, scoop gnocchi out and place it in a bowl with some olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- - Place half & half and Parmigiano in a small sauce pot and cook on low heat for 10 min.
- - Place contents in a blender and blend for 1 minute. Set aside.
- - Place a large skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil and begin to brown gnocchi and mushrooms.
- - Once gnocchi is browned, add garlic and shallots and immediately add Parmigiano cream.
- - Add asparagus and reduce down the liquid until sauce like.
- - Season with salt and pepper and serve