This delicious and refreshing salad is perfect for the warm summer season! Combining the sweet flavors of watermelon and tomatoes, this dish is sure to be a favorite at any summer gathering, and it's beautiful to boot!
Makes 4 portions
- 24oz watermelon, 1 inch cubes
- 24oz heirloom tomatoes, 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups canola oil
- ½ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2oz shallots, finely minced
- 1oz chives
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a bowl, combine canola oil, white balsamic vinegar and ½ oz shallots
- Whisk vigorously until oil and vinegar come together or emulsify
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine watermelon, tomatoes, shallots, chives, and sunflower seeds and add vinaigrette as needed. Season with salt and pepper and toss
- Once salad is plated on desired plate or bowl, garnish with crumbled feta and baby arugula