How To Brew Coffee Using A French Press
- Fill the French press with hot water to preheat the press.
- Measure and grind the coffee on the coarse setting.
- For every 6 ounces of water, use 1 tablespoon of coffee.
- After pouring out the water used to preheat, place grinds in the French press.
- Bring your water to a boil.
- Pour water over coffee grinds, making sure grinds get completely wet and agitated. If grinds are not agitated during pouring, use a spoon to stir to ensure all are wet.
- With the plunger up, place the lid on the French press.
- Allow coffee to steep for 4 minutes.
- When your time’s up, slowly push the plunger all the way down.
- Pour coffee into cups. Enjoy.