Cookies for breakfast? Why not? Welcome the holidays and your early morning with the Gingerbread Cookie Coffee Granola. Could also just be a good excuse for a yummy snack.
PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 3 ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup chopped raw pecans (we added our glazed pecans for the extra yumminess)
- ¼ cup of Barnie’s Gingerbread Cookie coffee grounds
- ¼ cup of chopped raisins
- ½ cup runny almond butter
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oats, pecans, raisins, and ground coffee in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pot on the stove over medium heat, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, and water. Whisk until smooth. If the mixture is too thick add more water 1 teaspoon at a time until your mixture is pourable.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oats mixture. Stir well to ensure all the dry ingredients and moisten.
- Spread the mixture in a fairly even layer onto a rimmed baking sheet, but with very little, if any space between the ingredients. This will ensure nice big clumps of granola.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally or try flipping the mixture over as best you can. Ours sort of flipped.
- The granola will continue to crisp up as it sits, so try not to overbake it or it will burn.
- Let cool before eating. Store any leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.