Barnie’s Easy Apple Pie
Planning a Thanksgiving menu can be overwhelming at times. We all have our favorite recipes for staples that we turn to year after year, but it's also fun to shake up our holiday tables with new recipes especially when they are super delicious and easy to make.
Take yourself to classic and perfect with Barnie's Easy Apple Pie. Add a cup of your favorite Barnie’s flavored coffees and your set! Enjoy every taste you deserve into a delicious and cozy dessert using only a few ingredients.
SERVINGS: 8 people
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1hour 10 minutes
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust (we used Pilsbury brand, which has 2 crusts in each box)
- 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced Granny Smith Apples (my kids call them Grandma Smith Apples)
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Vanilla Ice Cream (optional when serving)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Bring refrigerated pie crusts to room temperature so they are ready for the filling.
- Open the box of pie crusts and unroll 1 pie crust. Press it into a 9 inch pie plate. In a large bowl, toss together all of the filling ingredients and mix well by hand for approximately 1 ½ minutes.
- Transfer filling to the pie plate. Unroll the second pie crust and place it over the top of the filing with your fingers and seal the edges accordingly.
- Tuck the extra crust under the bottom, pinching together with your fingers. Cut slits at the top of the pie to allow steam to vent.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the crust is a golden brown. We waited until ours was bubbling over a bit.
- Cool pie on an oven rack for at least 2 hours 15 minutes before slicing and serving. When ready to serve, it’s delicious with some warm Barnie’s coffee and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
SMART TIP: About half way through cooking time, cover the edges of the pie with aluminum foil so the tip doesn't get too dark.
COOLING TIME: Approximately 2 hours 15 minutes.