When it comes to Valentine's Day, we know the way to any chocolate lover's heart. The perfect pairing; Sweetheart Blend coffee, with it's notes of chocolate, cherry and brandy, paired with decadent chocolate brownies, and a dollop of brandy infused whipped cream. Making these for your littles? Grab a can of pre-made whipped cream, and let them have fun decorating with sprinkles!
- 1 pound salted butter, plus a little for the pan
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate chips, plus 12 ounces, divided
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus a little for baking sheet
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brandy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 12 x 9 baking pan*
- In a medium bowl add the butter, 1 pound of chocolate chips, and the unsweetened chocolate and put over a pot of simmering water. Stir together until the butter and the chocolate melts. Remove the bowl from the pot and allow it to cool slightly. Add the eggs, vanilla, and sugar in a large bowl and mix, with a fork, to combine. Stir the warm chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, sift together 1 cup of the flour, the baking powder, and salt. Add to the cooled chocolate mixture and mix to fully incorporate. Add the remaining 12 ounces of chocolate chips to a medium bowl with the remaining 1/4 cup flour, then add them to the chocolate batter and fold in to incorporate. Pour the mixture into the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, then rap the baking pan against the oven shelf to force the air to escape from between the pan and the brownie dough. Bake for 15 more minutes. Gently poke the brownies with a toothpick or a thin knife, and if the pick comes out clean, remove the pan from the oven. Let the brownies cool, then cut into serving pieces.
- To make the brandy whipped cream: In a medium-size metal bowl, whip together the cream, sugar, and brandy until the cream has thickened to desired consistency. Serve the brownies with the whipped cream.
* If you opt to make brownie bites, using a muffin tin- fill the cups 1/2 full, bake for 10-15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Good luck eating just one!