Happy National Chocolate Cake Day! We’ve combined some of the best ingredients, including our Chocolatey Chocolate Hazelnut coffee, to bring you this smashing good cake just in time to celebrate today and Valentine’s Day.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Cool Time: 15 minutes before adding frosting
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup oil
- butter or spray to grease pan
- milk or water for consistency
- 1 cup freshly brewed Chocolatey Chocolate Hazelnut coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a small cake pan or cupcake tins with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, eggs, oil, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine, sugar and vanilla and pour into dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and mix for 2 minutes. Pour into cake pan or cupcake tins.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 25-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
- Frost with your favorite icing and enjoy! We chose a chocolate frosting and XOXO sprinkles.